CS:GO Chicken Changes
Chicken changes based on pro feedback:
- Reduced chicken sounds dBs and volume.
- Reduced idle clucking rate.
- Reduced range that scares chickens when running.
XBox One Launch Date
The releases will bring the total of new consoles this year to three (the Android-based Ouya being the other one) and following the Wii U last year.
Steam News, but here are a few highlights:
- Added Silenced M4A1.
- Added Silenced USP.
- When a player reloads their weapon, they now drop a magazine that persists in the world.
- Machine gun belts now visually match the ammo count in the viewmodel when firing and reloading.
- Added holdable action key +lookatweapon that allows players to visually inspect their first person weapon while in-game. This has been bound to the F key by default (if that key was previously unbound). [Guessing this is in response to being able to buy customised weapons via the new Arms Deal section of Steam Workshop]
- Players now automatically crouch while planting bombs.
MiniBob on Friday - please update your local Steam installations before you set off!
MiniBob July 2013
Note that it's vital that everyone updates their local Steam/Origin game files before they come, due to recent changes in the Virgin Media traffic shaping policy. It would only take a couple of people updating TF2 and CS:GO to push us over the new threshold.
BobBoard 2013 Roundup
The games we played were: Ticket to Ride at the next BobLAN :)
As always, big thanks to Bob, and also to Dan for bringing along a selection of games to try!
More to follow after the event.
In terms of the hostage rescue itself, that has change considerably. One CT can no longer lead all the hostages out in one go - they have to be picked up and carried individually (although rescuing one hostage adds time to the clock). It does make it more realistic, and adds to the tension at the end of the round. Should be a winner at the next LAN :)
Further information can be found on PC Gamer and Steam News
BobLAN 2013 TBC
Mani to Close
There is an alternative, which I will look into - that is eXtensible Admin for Eventscripts. We've already got Eventscripts in use, and according to the documentation, XA supports Mani config files.