BF:Vietnam 1.2 Patch
EAGames have announced that the version 1.2 patch for Battlefield Vietnam is due out today. Details of the patch are as follows:
- Tank splash damage against light and heavy vehicles now works.
- Minimap sorting order altered so players are visible above the CP flags.
- Performance problems resolved at the temple in HoChiMinh Trail and Cambodian Incursion.
- Repeating napalm sound bug has been resolved.
- The bug with grenades that goes through bridges has been resolved.
- Parachute not opening properly on first key press.
- Missing icon flashes for radio commands resolved.
- Helicopter pads at main bases will not reload or repair helicopters occupied by enemy players, even after the control point is taken by the enemy. Note that this is determined by the team the player is on, not by the vehicle they are in.
- Mi8 hitpoints reduced from 125 to 100. Rocket reload time increased from 3 to 4.5 seconds.
Read the full release notes at EAGames
Update - the patch is now out and can be downloaded from EAGames
BF Vietnam v1.1
An update for the popular Battlefield Vietnam game was released yesterday. There are numerous changes, including new maps and vehicles, gameplay tweaks and UI improvements.
Read the full changelog and download the update from the EA Site
Battlefield Vietnam Patch
The latest patch 1.02 for Battlefield Vietnam has been released. The patch resolves some disconnection and crash issues.
Download the patch from FreddysHouse FTP
EA have put up a site for the forthcoming Battlefield 1942 mod Vietnam
. Here's a brief snippet from the site:
The Battlefield franchise enters a new era equipped with more firepower, modernized weaponry and vehicles, and a deeper infantry experience from the jungles to the beaches of Vietnam. From villages on the Ho Chi Minh Trail to the city streets of Hue wage modern warfare as the United States or North Vietnamese Army (NVA).
It is hoped that Vietnam will be out prior to the LAN at Easter :)