BobLAN 2019.1 Roundup
Tech-wise, not a massive amount of change. George swapped a graphics card and that was about it. No major rebuilds or breaches of change freeze, which was a first!
Game-wise, there was one newcomer which everyone loved:
- Wreckfest - wow, what a fun game. Think Grid but where you are encouraged to try to take each other out :) Wreckfest Bus Last Straight Crash
- Battlefield 1 - aside from some retarded tank driving and confused pigeons, this was fun but not as long-lived as last time.
- CS:GO - once again the go-to game during breaks from other games. Still a firm favourite, and now free to own.
- DiRT 3 - one game of Cat and Mouse only this time.
- Rocket League - just the one tournament, which probably took a lot longer than it should :)
- Titanfall 2 - still great fun.
- Unreal Tournament - a great game of deathmatch with rocket launchers - very QuakeWorldesque.
- DOOM - played for a short time, but UT is the winner of this genre.
- Day of Defeat - we had a few good games on the bomb/defuse map Colmar - nice to see it back.
- Board games - these seemed to replace Rockband for the late night fun.
- Darwin Project - very brief go, didn't have the appeal of when we played it a year ago.
- GRID Autosport - ousted by Wreckfest this time.
- Rockband - the neighbours will have been happy that there was little or no Rockband this time!
Finally, massive thanks to Bob and Lynda for all the preparation and cleanup for which we are all incredibly grateful! (reminder to all those who attended - make sure you have paid up!)