BobWAN 2020.1 Roundup
On the gaming front, some games worked better than others. Here's a rundown of what we played and how it went:
- CS:GO - Pup did a great job of setting up the servers on his AWS account, and this was the go-to game throughout the weekend. Even the scripted game mode changing process worked smoothly, as did the new map selection we tried
- Wreckfest - the other favourite throughout the weekend performed flawlessly. No dedicated server, but we were able to spin it up on a client PC and with the appropriate firewall ports mapped it worked a treat
- GRID Autosport - we only had one go on this, but it was quite good fun
- Rocket League - the tournament was fun, but a little one-sided. Well done Foxy and DBoy!!
- Battlefield 1 - didn't feature much but we enjoyed playing it. The maps are just too big for the numbers we usually have available
- Battlefield V - for some reason, we really didn't enjoy this and it's unlikely we'll play it again. Shame, seeing as it wasn't cheap
- Snow Runner - watching Foxy drive the truck round was actually quite addictive!