IEM Katowice 2024
Catch the action over on the ESLCS Twitch stream and follow the fixture list on HLTV.org
MW3 Warzone Season 1 Reloaded
As always, there will be more game modes, tweaks to existing maps and new weapons.
For more details, watch PretigeIsKey on Youtube
Modern Warfare 3 Free Weekend
BobLAN 2023.2 Roundup
We revisited Team Fortress 2 and PUBG this LAN, and both went down well. That said, PUBG looks really clunky after playing things like MW2 this past year. Battlefield 1 and 2042 worked very well - we didn't play these enough in my opinion.
As for driving, it was the usual Wreckfest and GRID - both firm favourites for drivers and non-drivers alike.
Food was top-notch as ever, as was the company and banter. A massive thank you to Bob and Lynda for hosting us all once again - truly appreciated by all.
Counting down to the next BobLAN in May 2024...
It's BobLAN Week
Check for Windows updates, fire up all your game managers (Steam, EA Play, Epic, Ubisoft etc) and allow all games to update, and check Discord for the latest games list.
And yes, it's ok to be a little bit excited :)
Warzone Season 6 Haunting
IEM Sydney CS2
Twitch right now.
BobLAN 2023.2 in 4 Weeks
No doubt there will be plenty of Warzone 2, Battlefield of varying flavours and Wreckfest/Grid Autosport/Assetto Corsa. Maybe not so much PUBG tho this time, given that Warzone 2 is free and tbh just better.
More updates to follow when the LAN gets closer!
Counter-Strike 2 Is Here
All that said, it is expected that the majority of the gameplay will still feel familiar to CSGO players and the transition should be seamless provided your PC has the clout to maintain a high frame rate in the more demanding game.
If you want to see some comparisons between CSGO and CS2, then I recommend watching the videos on 3kliksphilip, who provides some great analysis of how maps and gameplay have changed throughout the CS2 beta programme.
Will we still be playing CS2 in 13 years time? Who knows, and maybe then it will be the next next generation taking us pensioners to the cleaners every Friday night :D
Warzone Season 6 Notes
Many weapons have seen buffs and nerfs, with most of the buffs going to the less popular weapons in a bid to bring them back into use. There is also a definite split between MWII and Warzone with how the weapons are balanced.
Another major change is that assimilation can now only result in a maximum squad size of four rather than six. Yes, it will help combat Chinese pre-made platoons but won't help squads that get wiped. This and the AUAV price will definitely favour solo players however, which is no bad thing following previous changes that harmed solos.
Plenty of bugs have been fixed, but it would come as no surprise if plenty new ones have been introduced. As stated in the terms and conditions, this is still a beta after all!
Read the full patch notes on callofduty.com
Warzone Season 6
- Two Core, two Gunfight Maps at launch. Deploy to one new original and one returning map in both Core and Gunfight, from an extravagant Las Almas estate to a classic live fire range where kings reign.
- Two Haunting Map reskins at mid-season. El Asilo celebrates Dia de Muertos, while Embassy becomes the site of a bloody zombie attack.
- A frightening twist on classic modes. Jump scares, skulls, zombies, and more descend on your favourite classic modes, including twisted takes on Domination, Kill Confirmed, Grind, Drop Zone, and Infected.
Read the full details on callofduty.com
Warzone Season 5
full release note here but these are the highlights for DMZ:
- Disguise Field Upgrade - Built for pure stealth engagements, the Disguised Field Upgrade allows you to appear as a member of a DMZ Combatant (AI) Faction. Equip the Disguise and DMZ Combatants of the same faction will not attack unless you blow your cover and act aggressively towards them.
- Battle Revive - An experimental stimulant offering an adrenaline rush as you complete a self-revive: A Self-Revive mixed with pure Battle Rage! After using it to get up from Last Stand, it immediately activates Battle Rage’s effects, allowing you to heal more quickly. The Tactical Sprint is also constantly refreshed for a short period of time.
- Self-Revive Box - Much like an Armour Box, this Field Upgrade holds multiple Self-Revive Kits. Perfect for squad-based infiltrations.
- Scuba Gas Mask - This is a Gas Mask that also acts as a Rebreather, providing protection from radioactive winds, gas, and allows for underwater breathing for an extended period of time.
IEM Cologne 2023
Twitter and Twitch (note the new channel names - ESLCS rather than ESL_CSGO)
Warzone S4 Reloaded
As usual with a CoD update, weapon stats have been updated with a few improved (eg the shotguns) and several nerfed (eg the ISO 45). Other major changes are in the plea system, map rotations and the introduction of the MX Guardian auto shotgun.
There are plenty of sources for the patch notes but here's a good read on dexerto.
Steam Summer Sale
Steam Store to grab yourself a game costing slightly less than RRP!
Modern Warfare 2 Season 4
callofduty.com for a roundup, or watch one of Stodeh's or Westie's videos for a gamer's perspective.
IEM Dallas 2023
ESL Twitter account will provide full coverage and you can watch live on Twitch.
You can read all about the RTX4060 series at Nvidia and watch JayzTwoCents cover the news in his own unique style!