»» (in reverse time order)
Fallout 76 Beta
Bethesda's multiplayer game set in the Fallout universe goes into beta later this month. The Xbox version of Fallout 76 will be available on Tuesday 23rd October, with the PC version following a week later on 30th October.
More details and a teaser video can be found on Shacknews
Huge TF2 Update
Valve have released a massive update for Team Fortress 2 today. A whole host of new features have been added, alongside many bug fixes and improvements.
Read the full list of change on Steam News
BobLAN 2018.2 Dates
The dates for the autumn BobLAN of 2018 have been agreed. We will be starting after lunch on Thursday 15th November, and wrapping up on Sunday 18th. 100 days to get your kit upgraded, games bought etc :)
2018 Release Dates
As we are fast approaching that time of year when all the big releases come out, here's a full list of the scheduled release dates for 2018:
Big names on the list include Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, Battlefield V and Fallout 76. Not sure any if these would be suitable for BobLAN, but they may be worth picking up when their prices drop in 2019!
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
Activision have announced a special edition of Black Ops 4, due for release on 12th October 2018. The Mystery Box Edition includes the game itself, alongside a 1000 piece zombie jigsaw, figurine, a comic book, steelbook case, a Black Ops pass and much more. As you might expect, it won't come cheap, but there is usually plenty of interest in these special editions which usually do sell out immediately.
Following an overhaul of the site (SEO URLs and fully responsive) I thought I'd see how many other sites from the BarrysWorld/MCW era were still about. Sadly, hardly any were still there. Here are the ones that I could find:
More from E3 2018
Some more gaming updates from E3 2018:
- Square Enix - Tomb Raider, Just Cause 4 etc
- Ubisoft - Assassins Creed Odyssey, The Division 2 etc
- Sony - Call of Duty Black Ops 4, Spiderman, Resident Evil 2 etc
Bethesda and EA at E3
Bethesda and EA have showcased there upcoming new games at E3 this weekend, including giving some release dates. View the conferences here:
- Bethesda - Fallout 76, Rage 2, DOOM Eternal
- EA - Battlefield V, FIFA 19, Star Wars - Jedi Fallen Order
Bethesda have recently announced two new games in their existing franchises:
- Fallout 76 - an online survival RPG game in the world of Fallout, but in the style of DayZ. Vault 76 was mentioned in Fallout 3 in The Citadel (Brotherhood of Steel HQ) which suggested that it was a Control Vault located in Virginia (hence playing Take Me Home Country Roads on the trailer). The short teaser can be see on youtube
- Rage 2 - the follow-up to iD Software's long-awaited Rage, the sequel promises to be more open-world, with a destructible environment. It will be set in the same dystopian setting 100 years after the asteroid strike, and a trailer can also be seen on youtube, with release not due until 2019
Battlefield V Announced
The latest in the Battlefield franchise was announced this week. Battlefield V will take place in WWII and feature a 64 player multiplayer mode. Theatres vary from snowy Norwegian mountains to the deserts of North Africa. The expected release date is 19th October this year, so in time for BobLAN 2018.2!
Here are a few links:
»» (in reverse time order)